Monday, April 25, 2011

Lowriders, Hip-Hop, and the Gospel?

Good Friday was truly good! A day spent reflecting on the price that was paid for my sin (Romans 6:23). A cost that I should have paid, without a doubt. My mind is blown away by the fact that a Holy God would step out of eternity, to be murdered by His very creation (John 1:3) in my place, for my sins (2 Corinthians 5:21).

So as the opportunity arose for us to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus through Hip-Hop on the busiest street in the "Lowrider Capital of the World" (Espanola, NM), we jumped at the chance to do so. Music from J Dubb, E. Soulja, Flatline, and myself. We were blessed to team up with The Rock Christian Outreach to share the message of hope with the people of the Espanola Valley!

(Illusent)


(J Dubb)

(Flatline)


(E. Soulja)



*All Photos by Vallerie Nevarez

No comments:

Post a Comment