Sunday, December 27, 2009

West Coast Tour (Recap)

What can I say? J Dubb and I were truly blessed. As most know we were out in California last week, and it was a blessing to be a part of what God is doing out there! Before I go any further, I have to thank San Joe & family and the Carry the Cross Ministry for the hospitality. Despite some of the things that are said about this dude, I can honestly say this dude has a heart for the Lord, the brethren, and the unsaved! We were treated like kings out there. So, with that being said, let’s begin…

Friday: We arrived in Sacramento, with a much needed stop at In-n-Out!! Later that evening, we made our way out to Turlock. Holy Grounds opened their doors to us, and God moved! The youth was pop lockin’ and all! LOL! Brother Rob brought the word, and many came forth for prayer. After that, we were blessed with a polish sausage, Brother Rob was blessed with 2. LOL! JK
(at Holy Grounds - Turlock, CA)

Saturday: This was 1 of 2 BUSY DAYS… We were blessed at the Ninevah Outreach, and busted some acapella flows for the kids out there. People were being blessed with food, clothes, etc. It was awesome to see the church in the community! After that, we had an event at Star of David church in Modesto. We were very encouraged by the prayer, and the burritos! Homemade Tortillas?!? LOL! The next stop for us was back in Turlock, at the Turlock Covenant. This was one of my favorite spots. The Church is vintage, and beautiful! Stained glass windows and all! Plus I met DJ Incognito. One of the coolest brothers I’ve met. Plus, dude is a beast on the 1’s and 2’s. The hearts of the Men of God out in CA really encouraged me.

(with all the youth @ Turlock Covenant. Can you find me? LOL!)


Sunday: We started early at San Joe’s home church in Modesto with some breakfast, followed by Sunday School. From there, we were off to San Francisco! Our 1st stop was at the YGC (Juvenile Hall). I performed my song “The Sins”, and I could really feel my words penetrating the hearts of the kids. It was awesome! The kids were loving it! From there we went to E-Dogg’s Church downtown San Francisco. Like San Joe said, “the conviction of the Lord fell, and many came forth for prayer.” Again, the brothers in Christ were a blessing! A quick stop at the Bay Bridge, AT&T Park, and Candlestick and we were on our way back to Modesto. We stopped at Nation’s in Tracy for a bite, and we saw a lady digging in the trash. We asked if she was hungry, and if she wanted a burger. She started ministering to us… Wow! She told us to be girded with the armor of God, and to be in prayer. We didn’t realize how blessed we were until she told us that she could usually find some good meals in the trash. Wow!

(Illusent, JDubb & San Joe by the Bay Bridge. San Francisco, CA)

Monday: We spent the morning in prayer, then headed out to Stockton. We ministered at Edison High School, and about 10 kids saw the need of Salvation! It was powerful!

Tuesday: I was feeling more than ‘under the weather’, but by God’s grace I was able to continue on… That evening, we performed at U-Turn. I met King David aka Dizzy, and was blessed by this man’s testimony, and music! Brother Rob was back on the scene as well. By this time, I had a pounding headache, fever, and body aches, but I couldn’t help it… I knew God was using me! I poured my heart out, and was comforted by the Holy Spirit. San Joe gave some insight, J Dubb gave a little testimony, and he ended the night with “Don’t Leave Me”… I was truly blessed!


(Get yo hands up!)

Thursday: On our way back to the Sacramento Airport we stopped at an AM/PM for some coffee. San Joe asked one of the workers if he was a believer, and he said “I got chills through my body when he asked if I’m a believer!” He started testifying, and a sister had her hands raised in worship! All the workers! I’ve never seen anything like it… When I shook the brothers hand, he said “Your hands are warm! You got that Holy Ghost fire!” LOL! I almost dropped my coffee! It was so crazy, but good!! Praise be to God!


(San Joe getting the crowd crazy!)

So, again… I know I speak for J Dubb as well when I sincerely thank San Joe for everything! The hospitality, encouragement, and prayer… We can’t wait until you roll thru the South West again, or we roll out to the West Coast! “Can I get a biscuit?” I mean, can I get a witness?? LOL!

Grace and Peace,
illusent

No comments:

Post a Comment